Fire official reminds community that safety equipment is as important in RV’s as in traditional housing

May 16th, 2018

A fifth-wheel recreational vehicle (RV) was destroyed by fire on Friday evening in Bend, Oregon. When fire crews arrived the RV was fully involved. The RV was parked on private property and not attached to a vehicle when the fire broke out. According to KTVZ, losses were estimated at $7,000. The owner was moved to temporary lodging. Deputy Fire Marshal Cindy Kettering is reminding the public that working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms are just as important in RVs as they are in traditional homes.

NFPA’s motor home, camper, and recreational vehicle safety tip sheet has pointers for helping to prevent fires and dangerous levels of carbon monoxide exposure.

Posted on May 16th, 2018